About Outreach for Jesus
Outreach for Jesus was founded by our senior pastor, Bishop Marvin Taylor, Jr., and his lovely wife Wanda. The church
began in 1991 with 10 members and has grown over the years. Outreach for Jesus now has a membership of 400 serves all
of Richmond Country through food, clothing, evangelism, the Hamlet Dream Center, and counseling whenever and wherever needed.
Our Mission and Vision
Our mission and vision is simple and scriptural. "Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth
has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the
Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to
the very end of the age.'" (Matthew 28:18-20)
What We Believe
At Outreach for Jesus, our fundamental beliefs are ...
- In the Bible as the inspired and infallible Word of God.
- In one God, eternally existent in three person: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the virgin birth of Christ, His vicarious, atoning death, resurrection, and ascension.
- In salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In baptism by immersion.
- In divine healing through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
- In the second coming of Jesus Christ.